CHARACTER WORD FOR MAY:
The act of denying yourself; controlling your impulses
Welcome to Physics class! We should have a lot of fun this year. This class will probably be a lot different than the “typical class.” This Physics curriculum is very lab intensive, and will not have a lot of lecture. It is designed to be less teacher-driven and more student-driven. The teacher will do his best to not answer the students’ Physics questions. This may seem odd, but the teacher will do his best to lead the students so that they can discover the answer on their own. This also means the student will learn from his/her classmates. This also may be a lot different from what the student is used to. Because the class is set up this way, there are many expectations for classroom behavior.
1) You MUST participate. You will learn by doing. If you do not do anything, you will not learn anything.
2) Respect your classmates. There needs to be a classroom environment where you feel safe expressing your ideas. I believe you learned this in Kindergarten, treat others as you would like to be treated.
3) If you don’t know or understand something, ask your lab partners.
4) If you do understand the lab, help your lab partners understand also.
5) Learn from what you are doing. The labs are designed in a way that you should understand a concept after you are done.6) Learn from your classmates. There will be a lot of classroom discussion and whiteboarding. You can and will be tested on what your classmates discuss in class. You must pay attention and learn from your classmates. You should take notes and write down the ideas of your classmates as they give their presentation
List of FusionPages